Saturday, May 31, 2008

Its CSA Season!!!

Each year, we participate in a local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
For more information on CSA's, or to find a local one, go here: www.localharvest.org

We support our local certified organic farmer, Paul Sarver. He's a WONDERFUL man.
Here's the link to his specific farm, if you are local, I highly suggest looking at this next link:
http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M3280

This is week 2 of our season.
Already we have gotten several different lettuces, asparagus, garlic greens, green onions, rosemary and spinach. And, honey from his bees.

Here's my first "CSA Salad" of the season:

I believe the lettuce used was oak leaf, red leaf, and green leaf. Spinach, pickled egg, beets and roasted red pepper. Mmmmmm. One of these days I'll post some recipes, including my healthy homemade salad dressings!

No comments: