Friday, April 25, 2008

SPRING!














It has sprung!

Aside form the bike trail we have been to several times already, our yard has totally sprung from the winter too!

Here's some pictures from the yard. Excuse the landscaping. We finally have the INSIDE of the house almost complete (1st floor anyway) now we can work on the outside. Bryan has been out of town all week, but we plan to spruce it up this coming week with a good mowing/weed whacking and figuring out what on earth to do with a large, step hillside we finally cleared.

I am so happy the lilac bushes have started to bloom! Last year they were at the beginning stages but were killed off by a late frost. We had a frost scare last week, but they seem to have pulled through well, and these pictures do no justice for how many buds there are on the huge bushes. The birds have been very happy but they eat SO much! We have 3 feeders and one suet block. They only take about 2 days to go through them! We have a wacky Woodpecker with a fun personality. He starts getting noisy around 5:45am, but he hangs out on the back deck around 7, I think he waits for us to have breakfast. Its been so nice out, we eat breakfast outside, then we've developed a habit of leaving the plates out on the table for the woodpecker to "peck" at. We watch him from the kitchen window and he does a little happy dance for us.

Last year I accidentally put part of a winter squash into the compost bin. So far, no squash plant, but I am keeping a close eye out for it. I bet I'll have to move the bin since I am sure I'll have a plant coming up soon. The clothesline is getting use too! I love the smell of line dried laundry, but with Bryan's allergies, I use the dryer for his clothes and pillowcase.

Speaking of allergies, Bryaden has poison ivy again ;(
It seemed to come on suddenly, with the side of his face swelling and turning red. He was crying because it was burning and itching so bad. I gave him more medicine (Rhus Tox) and applied some herbal tonic and it seemed to help. This morning, he has some on his ear, but it hasn't been as severe as it normally is. I hope giving frequent doses of the Rhus Tox helps, I don't want him miserable and on steroids all summer.

No comments: