Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Relaxing Wednesday

We finally have a chance to spend the day at home. The last 4 days have been a rushed blur- gymnastics, karate, swimming, X biking, Pliates, visiting Nana, Financial Peace University, hike, walk, baseball field. Yard work. And, to top it off, Bryan is out of town so its just been me and the kids.

But because Bryan is out of town this week, we did something exciting, that could never happen with him being home: We are on day 3 of a week long TV strike! I unplugged them early Monday morning. Its been good. Luckily, the weather has been decent, so much of our free time has been spent outside. In my opinion, there's no reason for my kids to be sitting in front of the TV when there is so many other things to be doing. We don't even have cable, and haven't for years, so its not like they are TV addicts by any means, but its just nice to not have that choice/temptation to vegetate.

The Poison Ivy on Bray did spread. To his foot, ankle, leg, hip, belly and forehead. Its wasn't severe, but his thighs saw the worst of it. I think (and HOPE) he's on the mend.

I got to talk with 2 good friends on the phone today that I hadn't talked to in awhile. That was nice to catch up, and have some "girl time". Now I need to start having some face to face adult interaction. The kids are 4 and 5 now, so I think its time!

No comments: