Friday, June 6, 2008

The lightening DID strike...

If you read my post on May 31st, I mentioned being afraid to look outside that morning, as it had stormed hard and I could hear a very loud lightening strike hit close by. I was sure I'd find our huge maple tree in pieces.

Well, it wasn't the big maple, but it WAS one of our trees in our small patch of woods. I didn't notice it until today as I was hanging blankets on the clothesline.

Its hard to see in the pics, but there are definite char marks where it split. We need to cut it down, so it doesn't fall and hurt someone. It won't be an easy task, because there's poison ivy glowing up its side. And you should know by now our experience with poison ivy.

You can see it here on the left, leaning on 2 other trees






In other news, our wild berry bushes have returned! We weren't sure they'd make a comeback so easily since we destroyed their habitat last summer/fall to make a fire pit area.

And for fun, my clothesline. I LOVE my clothesline.
The last excitement of our afternoon- I found a local guy on Craigslist selling bullfrog tadpoles for $1. I think this might be a fun science project for us. First, I need to find someone with a pond willing to take them once they are developed enough. Bullfrogs are too loud for me!

No comments: