Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tom Morrison Spring Tournament

We spent our weekend in Erie for a fishing trip in honor of my Dad.
The Pennsylvania Steelhead Association held its annual "Tom Morrison Spring Tournament and Banquet" yesterday. It's such an honor to have him remembered this way :) The catch and release fishing turnout was GREAT, and the weather couldn't have been better. Unfortunately, we didn't have much luck fishing (the Steelhead were spawning and weren't eating), but we still had fun.



The banquet was fun, and Rylan loved picking the wining tickets


We won a few prizes at the raffle, and Brayden was happy to pick out a net, he's been wanting a fishing net. We all got fishing hats!

First Place for the tournament was a 30 inch Steelhead caught by a friend of my Dad, Craig.

Here's a pic of the winning fish.



This is Elk Creek, where many people came to fish the tournament






The kids kept busy fishing, playing on the rocks, finding rocks and building sand mountains.












Here is a cool rock Rylan found. It is NOT drawn, its the natural rock!

This is a fossil rock I found


Jessica came to visit us at our hotel after the banquet. It was nice to spend time with her again, and we are looking forward to another visit soon! Do you lee my awesome necklace? Jess MADE it for me! I LOVE it!
I'm sorry I didn't get to visit everyone I had hoped. We tried really hard to catch some big fish, and that took up 99% of our time. We plan to come back again, and I hope to get out to see everyone.

I'd like to also give condolences to my very good friend Art and his family. Unfortunately, his best friend and brother Johnny was found passed away in his sleep the night we arrived in town.

No comments: