Sunday, March 29, 2009

Electrifying Day


Hmmmm. Thursday was supposed to be a fun, productive day. I did school with the kids, began packing for our weekend trip and we were having a friend over for dinner. As I was gathering pizza dough ingredients the kids were playing in the basement. They asked me to come down to turn the lights off so they could play with their glow in the dark basketball and light up hoop. Luckily, I called to them to wait a second and NOT turn the lights off themselves, and that was a smart decision. Because boy was I in for a *shock*.

Yeah. If you have something that looks like THIS hanging in your basement- listen to me and don't touch it.


I remember it hurting, seeing white and blue, and that's about it. The next think I remember was Brayden on the basement steps with my cell trying to call 911. Luckily, I was fine and didn't ned help, but I am SO glad the kids didn't touch it! Brayden was pretty freaked out for awhile, not wanting to get near me because he was afraid of getting shocked. Now he's OK with the incident and keeps talking about all the "blue sparkles".

On with the rest of our day:

We made home made pizza, salad and cake. This was my first time making home made icing, and the kids obviously liked it!


I didn't take any pictures of our dinner guest, Jim, although he took a really bad one of me and posted it to his facebook. I'll get him back someday.

No comments: