Tuesday, June 9, 2009

PPG Zoo and Aquarium

Over the weekend, we went to the PPG Zoo and Aquarium to check out the new Sand Tiger Shark exhibit. Rylan LOOOOVES sharks. He can correctly identify the names and some facts about 15 or so shark species. Brayden really loves anything to do with SCUBA divers and SCUBA diving. This was the perfect weekend for the boys- as the aquarium had both a special shark event, AND SCUBA divers to watch and talk to. We had a wonderful time there and decided to buy a family membership so we can go back again. I discovered route 130 will take me directly to the zoo, so I can drive the kids there myself without having to "drive in Pittsburgh".

Learning about sharks
Inside the new shark tunnel
Polar bear up close eating his fish ice cube
2 boys, 2 fish
look at those teeth!

talking to a SCUBA diver
Babe's favorite :)
I took hundreds of pictures, a lot of them are really neat. I don't have the time to load more here, but this is a link to view them all:
(for some reason I am unable to link the snapfish album to blogger at this time, I will try again later.)

No comments: